Ingredients (Serves Four)
- 4 x 180g fresh tuna steaks
- 1 small or ½ a large red cabbage
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 medium red onion
- 100ml light soy sauce
- 1 fresh lime, zested and juiced
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 1tbsp clear honey
- ½ bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- Natural sea salt
- Freshly milled white pepper
- 20g sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- 12 spears of tenderstem broccoli
- Remove the white core from the red cabbage with a sharp knife and discard.
- Finely shred the red cabbage with a sharp knife and place in a mixing bowl.
- Peel and grate the carrots on a cheese grater and add to the shredded red cabbage.
- Peel the red onion, cut in half and then finely slice. Add to the carrot and red cabbage mix.
- Add the chopped coriander to the red cabbage mixture.
- Mix the soy sauce, lime juice and zest, honey and rapeseed oil together to form a dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixed dressing onto the red cabbage slaw and mix thoroughly, then set aside.
- Heat a griddle pan on the stove to a high heat.
- Season the tuna steaks with salt and pepper on both sides and place on the hot griddle pan.
- Add the tenderstem broccoli spears to the griddle pan at the same time if there is enough space.
- Grill the tuna steaks on both sides until they are cooked to your liking. Rotate the broccoli spears so they are cooked evenly as well.
Place a quarter of the slaw in a pile on each of four serving plates. Place a grilled tuna steak on each and scatter grilled broccoli spears around the salad. Drizzle any excess soy sauce dressing around the plates, and finally sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds all over.